14 May 2012

Friction

Friction- dissension or conflict between persons, beings, etc.; because of differing ideas or wishes.

So, as of late, I've had this terrible sense of friction. Not in the physical sense, but in the sense that everything that could go wrong for me did. AT ONE TIME! For one, to start off the friction, I was in an awful mood for like a week. Then, I got sick. REALLY sick. I was absolutely miserable. Then, I HAD to work out some debt situations that leaves me broke for the next two paychecks. Then, I lost my voice. Then, I felt awful senses of discouragement with finishing The Book of Mormon by my baptism (which I'm SO doing by the way! I'm so close!) or anything else that could have discouraged me, did. But, I am somewhat recovered from it all and now I guess I'm ready to move on. Still waiting on my voice to come back fully though. But luckily, I have an AMAZING support system. Everyone that has been there for me in the past few weeks is awesome. Words can't express how grateful I am to have them all in my life :D. 

But seriously, I get baptized in 12 days! It really can't come soon enough! My mom will be up here to see me, too. It's like all excitement in one weekend. 

But really, I feel that this should be explained to anyone who seems to have suspicion on this matter. Ross is not, was not, nor ever will be, pressuring me into going into church with him or believing what he says. Can't we just have an amazing relationship where each of us just fits so perfectly with each other without the world complaining about it? Did you ever think that I'm going to church and getting baptized because I actually believe in the stuff? That's crazy. Who goes to church because they want to? Lol. For your information, Sundays tend to be the highlight of my week. So, I shall break down into an exact account on how I ended up with a baptism date. 
So, about a week or so before Easter, Ross had asked me if I wanted to go to church with him. I hesitated, and he said "Ok, don't worry. I won't ask again, no pressure." So I had brushed it off. But for some reason, I had been thinking that it'd be a good time to get to know that side of him since I love him and everything. So, I said a few days later, "May I still go to church with you and your family on Easter?" Of course he said yes, and I went to church on Easter. 
I walked into the church, and I was hit with an overwhelming sense of love and adoration from everything around me.  Honestly, I almost cried just stepping foot into it. Looking at Ross every five seconds to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong, I listened to everything everyone said during the meeting. I can't tell you what they were talking about, but I can tell you that it was legit! And I knew it was something I wanted more of. After the meeting, Ross and I went to the gospel principles class where I learned a bit of a taste about what was believed in in this church. I then thought about the talks for a little while after that after I had made it home.
The next week, I went back. It was basically the same thing. I was nervous, but fascinated at the same time.  I told Ross I wanted to start reading The Book of Mormon. And we did throughout the week.
The next week, I had asked to hangout with Ross' mom who was going up to Piqua to different wards of the church to do public affairs. We talked a lot on the way there, while we were there, on the way back, and back at home. But, I had gone to my first Relief Society meeting with Ross' mom and I learned a lot there. That night, she had asked me if I wanted to meet with the missionaries. I, said yes. The missionaries came to Ross' house and they talked with me about stuff. I listened. I was fascinated. 
Then, we had a couple more appointments with the missionaries. They had asked me to read some scriptures (2 Nephi 31). They were about the reasoning to get baptized and why Christ had to do it and whatnot.  After reading that, I knew they were going to challenge me to get baptized at the next discussion. I was unsure of what I was going to answer until he asked me. And no, Ross did not ask me. The missionaries did. They said that they were praying about me, and they felt I'd be ready by May 26th. And I will be. It felt so soon when they asked, but it really wasn't. 
And since then, I've been reading, and studying, and learning. Because I'm going to be righteous. And really, nothing anyone can say or do will hold me back from that.

So here, I don't care if anyone thinks I'm jumping into this too fast. I am totally comfortable with the speed my life is headed. Some people work faster than others. And really, with how much of a sponge I am with all this stuff, I just hope to share it with someone someday. I no longer fear my family judging me over it, because even if they did, I don't care. I'm living a righteous life and they should be proud of that no matter the circumstances. 

So anyway, 12 days from now I will be officially a Mormon. And I'm pretty happy about that. Actually, I don't know how I could be happier at this point in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment